Happy New Year to everyone!
We’ve been busy gathering, writing, and putting things together so we can open our doors to our very first residents. In the midst of all of the business and work that goes into the start of a new ministry, we took some time to remember our “why” – to love well and give future hope to young women who have not had proper support in their lives.
This has encouraged us greatly and with each administrative task we complete, we know that it is one step closer to getting our first resident moved in.
Now, reaching out to all of you for help on one of our list items – we are in search of the right person to be a resident assistant at the Next Step house. This is a wonderful and challenging ministry/job opportunity, and we hope that you will share and let us know if you or someone you know would be a good fit. Here’s the description:
Next Step for Life Resident Assistant
Are you passionate about encouraging young women to live to their full potential? Are you a compassionate but firm individual who has great discernment when it comes to interacting with difficult personality types? Do you want to live in a way that impacts others and makes a lasting difference in our community? You could be the right person for our resident assistant position.
Next Step for Life is a brand new transitional housing program in Cookeville, TN that seeks to teach life skills and identity based on Christian principles to young adults who have not had the benefit of an intact family.
As the resident assistant, you will live in the home and work closely with the house manager to assist as needed with the residents. Here are more details –
- Be involved with day-to-day activities and responsibilities of residents
- Stay at home with residents when house manager is not present
- Assist house manager with other tasks as required
- Have a teachable and flexible attitude
- Have a high level of maturity
- Have the attitude of a servant leader
- Have the ability to be able to interact with and manage a broad range of personality types, including difficult ones
- Demonstrated faithfulness as a follower of Christ in a local church community – Next Step for life is a faith-based program
- Be proficient in basic life skills – budgeting, cooking, housekeeping, etc.
- Ability to stay in home at night time.
- Ability to pass FBI background test and drug test
- Those with any history of substance addiction must have at least 5 years of sobriety and undergo an additional interview process
- Room & board – private room with dedicated entrance and bathroom and all meals when at home
- $500/mo stipend
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blessings and cheers to you; may the beginning of this new year reveal more of the love of God to you and the unique purpose it encourages you toward.